Trashy Doll

Trashy Doll
Kitsch, Quirky, Handmade Jewellery

Friday 23 March 2012

Primark False French Manicure Nails

Hey Everyone

I have found my new nail obsession...for a while it was 'George Street' polish by nails inc...then it went onto 'VIP' by Orly on top of 'Strawberry Ice' by Barry M but now it is the...............

'Ooh La La' false french manicure glue on nails by Primark.  I have literally bought soo many...12 boxes! 


They are amazing...they're only £1 and they are petite so the fit my tiny nails. This is something I have a huge issue with when I buy fake nails from anywhere (this is why I bought so many) and so I was extremely impressed by Primark!

So I thought I would do a little picture tutorial of how to put the nails on.  So start (if you have nail varnish on) by removing/cleaning nails with nail varnish remover.  The cut or file your nails down to size to keep them healthy and and at a manageable length.  

Then you want to open the box take the glue out and cut off the top to open it and then close the lid until ready to use.  

Then measure all the nails to the size of your nails.  Making sure they fit down at the cuticle and also covering the whole of your own nail.  Lay them out so that you know which nail is meant to go on which finger. 


I always start with the pinky.  This means I can continue to work with my pointing finger and thumb right through to the end where it gets a little trickier having a fake nail attached.  Take the pinky nail and place some glue all over the bottom half of the fake nail.  Turn it around in your hand and press down into the cuticle and hold onto nail until stuck into pace. (WARNING GLUE WILL STICK FINGERS TOGETHER AND IS DANGEROUS) 


Continue this with al the nails gluing on the clear part of the nail.


The finished look should look like real nails and really cute and ladylike.  This is my nails and I love them.  I always keep the glue on me at all times in case there is an accident and one falls off but they can last up to a week at a time and are really really amazing.  They haven't chipped for me and i've been wearing them for 3 days now and been biting scratching and also dancing with them on.



I really recommend them and hope you can pick some up 


Lots of Love

<3 Secret Beauty <3

10 comments:

  1. Bought a set of these a while back, and found it easy to follow this tutorial and put them on nicely. Having never put false nails on before, I don't think I did a bad job.
    Got a bit of the glue on my fingers, but it comes of with a milder nail varnish remover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you liked my tutorial :) I love and still use these nails. I didn't realise the glue came off with nail varnish remover, I usually just try to rip my fingers apart brutally but now I know what works I'll be able to get glue off properly thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i bought the butterfly fake nails from Primark today but I encountered a bit of a problem. When I unscrewed the top of the glue the pointy bit had no whole in it....am i supposed to create a whole or do I use the other end? please help me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial, thank you! Never used false nails before but thought it was worth a try for £1 - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial, I will be giving these a go!

    wwwallthingsbeautyxxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial, I will be giving these a go!

    wwwallthingsbeautyxxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya!
    For how long is it safe to have these nails on?(days,weeks?)
    Also how do I safely get the nails off?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya!
    For how long is it safe to have these nails on?(days,weeks?)
    Also how do I safely get the nails off?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank god I found this tutorial <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! sns nails

    ReplyDelete